Nov/Sat/2017 | Uncategorized

Battle Summary: Fort Sumter, SC - National Park Service

Battle of fort sumter casualties

Write my essay for me with Professional Academic Writers -
Battle Summary: Fort Sumter, SC - National Park Service

Nov 25, 2017 Battle of fort sumter casualties, buy essay online for cheap -
Fort Sumter - American Civil War - HISTORY com

essay of descriptive

WRITING A DESCRIPTIVE ESSAY. The aim of description is to make sensory details vividly present to the reader. Although it may be only in school that you are asked to write a specifically descriptive essay, description is an battle of fort, important element in many kinds of writing. Description embedded in an argument paper, for funeral speeches, example, may be intended to make a position more persuasive. However, in this TIP Sheet we will discuss the of fort sumter casualties, descriptive essay as it is zinc and copper commonly assigned by instructors as an exercise in organizing sensory information and choosing vivid details. Showing vs. Of Fort Sumter. telling. The empty room smelled stale and Paralytic Ileus Essay was devoid of furniture or floor covering; the battle sumter casualties, single window lacked curtains or blinds of my captain literary devices, any kind. The apartment smelled of battle sumter casualties, old cooking odors, cabbage, and examples mildew; our sneakers squeaked sharply against sumter casualties the scuffed wood floors, which reflected a haze of dusty sunlight from the one cobwebbed, gritty window. "Showing" uses very specific details: cabbage and mildew, scuffed and dusty floors, unwashed windows. Though the writer of the examples, second example does not actually use the battle casualties, word "empty," she nevertheless suggests emptiness and disuse. The suggestion of characteristics, emptiness in the second example is battle more vivid than the speeches examples, statement of battle, emptiness in the first. Use Of Chewing Paralytic Ileus. If you don't think the first example is vague, look at battle of fort another possible interpretation of that empty room: The sharp odor of fresh paint cut through the smell of zinc and copper, newsprint. Battle Of Fort Sumter. Four stacked cartons of disagree voltaire, inkjet printer paper sat squarely in the middle of a concrete floor, illuminated by battle a shaft of morning light from watch legally full movie, a sparkling chrome-framed window on the opposite of fort sumter casualties, wall. Do not mistake explanation for description. I May With What You Say. Explanation is battle of fort sumter a kind of amendment usa, telling that interjects background material that does not contain sensory details or contribute to the overall effect–a character's motives or history, for example: The tenants had moved out a week earlier because the of fort, house was being sold to examples, a developer. No one had bothered to of fort sumter, dust or clean because they assumed the apartment was going to be knocked down and replaced with single-family homes like those built just a block away. When description devolves into amendment usa, explanation (telling rather than showing), it becomes boring. You are painting a picture that must be as clear and battle sumter casualties real as possible, so observe carefully and, preferably, in person. Amendment Usa. Note what sets this subject apart from of fort sumter, others like it. If the amendment usa, subject is a person, include physical characteristics and mannerisms. Describe abstractions such as personality traits only of fort, insofar as you can observe them. For example, do not tell the o captain my captain literary devices, reader your biology instructor is a neat, meticulous person; show your reader the instructor's "dust-free computer monitor and stacks of papers with corners precisely aligned, each stack sitting exactly three thumb-widths from the sumter casualties, edge of the desk." How a subject interacts with others is speeches fair game for description if you can observe the interaction. Battle Of Fort Sumter Casualties. On the other hand, a subject's life history and funeral examples world perspective may not be, unless you can infer them, for example, from the battle of fort sumter casualties, photos on second usa, his walls or the of fort, books on of gothic architecture, his bookshelf. Similarly, if the subject of battle sumter casualties, your description is an and copper, object or a place, you may include not only its physical appearance but also its geographic, historical, or emotional relevance-as long as you show or suggest it using sensory details, and battle sumter avoid explaining. Even description for o captain literary, description's sake should have a purpose. Sumter. Is there an important overall impression you wish to literary, convey? A central theme or general point? This is your thesis; organize your essay around it. Of Fort Casualties. For example, you might describe your car as your home away from funeral examples, home, full of snack foods, changes of sumter, clothing, old issues of the Chico News & Review , textbooks, and your favorite music. Reducing Paralytic. Or, you might describe your car as an immaculate, beautiful, pampered woman on whom you lavish attention and sumter money. Wwii Paper Topics. Just don't describe your car in of fort sumter casualties cold, clinical detail, front to wwii research paper topics, back (or bottom to battle of fort sumter casualties, top, or inside to characteristics of gothic architecture, outside) without having in battle of fort mind the funeral, purpose, the overall impression you want to of fort, create. To achieve this impression, you should not necessarily include all details; use only legally full, those that suit your purpose. Avoid telling a story unless it is of central importance to battle of fort sumter, the description or an of gothic architecture, understanding of it. Keep background information to battle of fort, an absolute minimum or avoid it altogether. Extended description that lacks organization has a confusing, surreal quality and zinc reaction easily loses readers' interest, so choose an organizational plan. Use whatever progression seems logical–left to battle of fort sumter casualties, right, inside to outside, top to bottom-and stick to it. For example, it does not make sense to describe a person's facial features and hair, then his sonorous voice and impressive vocabulary, and second then return to of fort, details about his eyebrows and glasses. A quote from your subject or a brief anecdote about second amendment him or her may provide an interesting introduction (or conclusion); dialogue can be a great way to add interest to a descriptive essay. In your introduction, you might be permitted to sumter casualties, make general, abstract statements (tell about) your subject or supply background information, as long as you demonstrate these points concretely later in the body of your essay. Use vivid nouns, verbs, and adjectives, and Chewing Gum in Paralytic Ileus appropriate metaphors, similes, comparisons, and contrasts. Avoid clichés. Like the battle of fort sumter casualties, introduction, the conclusion is another place you can get away with reflecting about wwii paper topics your subject: Why did you write this description? What is its significance to you? To your reader? If you have achieved your purpose, your conclusion should only of fort casualties, confirm in of gothic the reader's mind what you have already shown him by battle sumter your use of zinc sulphate, selected sensory details. Butte College | 3536 Butte Campus Drive, Oroville CA 95965 | General Information (530) 895-2511.<

Do My Homework Free Online -
Battle of Fort Sumter | Summary | Britannica com

Nov 25, 2017 Battle of fort sumter casualties, do my essay online -
First Shots of the Civil War Fired at Fort Sumter - VOA Learning English
Fall 2008 Harvey Lapan. Paper Topics for Econ 455: TOPIC: Any topic related to battle of fort casualties International Theory or Policy is o captain devices, potentially acceptable. Battle Sumter? You must submit a written proposal before writing the paper so that I approve the o captain my captain, topic; this proposal is battle sumter casualties, due October 14, 2008. In the characteristics, past students have come up with some very clever ideas, ones that had not occurred to sumter casualties me – so do not feel constrained by the suggestions below. Use Of Gum In Essay? But do make sure I have approved the proposal before investing too much time in your choice – some previous students have also (unsuccessfully) proposed topics that had absolutely nothing to do with international economics. Paper Length/Details: I do not like to sumter casualties specify a minimum, or maximum, length as the content of the usa, paper is battle of fort casualties, more interesting to funeral me. Sumter Casualties? I expect you to research and provide a thorough discussion of the characteristics of gothic architecture, topic you have chosen (upon which we shall have agreed). If you collect some data relevant to the topic, that is fine, and if you do some original research that is battle of fort casualties, even better (though it is not required). For those who feel a need to characteristics have some lower bound on battle of fort casualties, paper length, I would suggest the paper should not be shorter than 10 double-spaced pages, with normal margin and and copper reaction, normal font size. Of Fort? However, this is second amendment usa, meant as a guideline and of fort casualties, will not be enforced if, for o captain my captain literary example, I think you have handled your topic well in 7 pages. Battle Casualties? There is characteristics of gothic, no upper bound on paper length. You may, of course, use the web or any other resource to gather material. However, you must use some reference materials in addition to the web – books, newsmagazines, journals, etc. Battle Of Fort Sumter Casualties? The paper must be your work, in your own words. Paralytic Ileus Essay? You may not copy substantial amounts of battle of fort casualties material from a source, and you must provide citations for sources and Reducing, indicate clearly material that is directly copied from a source. An important part of the research process is to search for, and research, a topic that is important to you. Battle Casualties? Thus, I hate to list topics because: (1)I do not want you to of gothic architecture think I am excluding other topics that may interest you; and (2)I would prefer you do some creative thinking about your own topic. Of Fort Casualties? However, on the next page is a very brief (and unimaginative) list of o captain my captain devices some topics. Immediately below are some of the battle sumter casualties, hottest current topics: 1. Blonde Full? Proposed Free Trade Areas: – there are many proposals for battle sumter establishing free trade areas in Asia or the i may disagree with what you say voltaire, Americas . Of Fort Casualties? The US has completed free trade agreements with a number of architecture countries (see USTR web site); there is a free trade area among some countries in South America (Mercosur); etc. What are these proposals and battle, what problems do they face? How will they affect the zinc and copper sulphate reaction, U.S. ?; how will they affect countries that are not part of the free trade area? Are there any additional difficulties in enforcing free trade rules when economies in of fort casualties which the amendment, central government plays a large role are part of the free trade area? How have the battle of fort, various free trade agreements into Use of Reducing Paralytic which the U.S. Of Fort Sumter? has entered affected trade among the participating countries and employment in legally blonde full each country? 2. Of Fort Sumter? US-European Trade Disputes - over amendment, the years there have been a number of trade disputes between these two economic blocs, even though they are usually good allies (with the battle, exception of the Iraq war). Sulphate Reaction? Many of battle sumter these disputes have involved agricultural products, such as disputes about trade in research genetically modified organisms (GMs) – though recently settled disputes concerned trade in steel and battle sumter casualties, other current disputes focus on U.S. tax rebates for sulphate firms exporting goods and battle sumter casualties, the role of each bloc in subsidizing domestic aircraft manufacturers (the EU subsidizes Airbus, the with what voltaire, US defense program may be deemed a subsidy to of fort casualties Boeing). Movie? What should international policy be on battle of fort sumter, GMs? Should each country be allowed to watch regulate these products as it sees fits? Should countries harmonize tax policies so that disputes such as the battle of fort, current one are avoided? 3. Trade and the Environment - another issue, especially with respect to literary trade between richer and poorer countries, concerns the impact of trade on battle sumter casualties, environmental goals and whether trade pacts (like NAFTA) with the poorer countries somehow hurt the my captain literary devices, environment or put US firms at a disadvantage because of battle sumter stricter US environmental rules. Funeral? Also, what are the sumter, prospects for a global treaty to replace the paper, Kyoto Treaty (which the US did not sign)? If countries agree to specific targets to limit pollution, should these “pollution rights” be tradable between countries? Should developing countries be exempted from sumter casualties international environmental standards since the zinc and copper, current “rich” countries did not face such standards when they were developing? Does trade promote a “ race to casualties the bottom ” in the sense that environmental standards tend towards those of the country that does the least to Use of Chewing Gum in protect the environment? Should trade agreements and environmental agreements be made jointly? 4. Labor Standards and Trade - should international trade policy also include an battle of fort casualties attempt to impose (US or European) labor standards on second, other, poorer countries (for example, concerning age, working conditions, number of battle of fort casualties hours worked per zinc and copper reaction day, etc)? If so, whose standards should be used? Should there be any restrictions on trade in of fort sumter goods produced by speeches prison, or slave, labor? What are the economic implications of doing so? 5. Globalization and the World Economy – What does “globalization” mean? Do international agreements (through the World Trade Organization (WTO)) limit national sovereignty and battle of fort sumter, is that a “good” or “bad” thing? Should countries be allowed to protect certain industries, e.g., those that are central to disagree what “national culture”? If so, where do you draw the line about of fort sumter casualties, which goods can be protected? 6. Immigration Issues – immigration issues have played a large part in of gothic U.S. Sumter Casualties? domestic policy and in wwii the current presidential campaign. What should U.S. Of Fort Sumter? immigration policy be? Given immigration limits, how should the U.S. O Captain My Captain? decide which people to sumter casualties admit? (e.g., admit relatives of watch legally blonde movie legal U.S. Of Fort Sumter? residents; admit only the watch movie, best trained people; sell the battle of fort sumter casualties, rights to examples immigrate to sumter casualties the U.S. Wwii Paper Topics? ; etc.). How should the battle sumter casualties, U.S. deal with current illegal immigrants in the country and characteristics architecture, what implications does this have for battle of fort casualties future immigration? 7. Amendment Usa? Wage Inequality and of fort sumter, Trade – data indicates a growing gap between the wages for Use of Chewing Ileus skilled and unskilled labor, and several candidates have made this part of the Presidential campaign. Of Fort Casualties? What role has trade and watch legally full movie, immigration played in sumter casualties this process? What implications does outsourcing have for this trend? What policies, if any, should the U.S. take to watch legally movie offset this trend. TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT ISSUES: SOME SUGGESTIONS. · History of tariff rates, and tariff laws, in battle the United States (or Spain, UK, Japan, etc.); for example, compare the characteristics, tariff liberalization period in the late 1800's to 1930's to of fort today’s policies. · Immigration Law: if a country restricts immigration, how should it decide who is allowed to examples enter the country? Should the battle of fort sumter, immigration laws favor the Essay, most skilled? How is this decision actually made in different countries? · History of International Trade Agreements under GATT/WTO. · In depth treatment of some topic under GATT or WTO, such as: Dispute Settlement Process; Agriculture and the GATT, Dumping, … · Some aspect of US Trade Law, and battle sumter casualties, its implementation, including: Antidumping Laws, Countervailing Duty Laws, Section 301, Escape Clause (Section 201)… · Study of (history and second amendment usa, current) protection for some particular industry, including: Autos, Steel, Sugar, Textiles and battle casualties, Apparel, Footwear,… (in US, or elsewhere) · Current elimination of the amendment, Multi-Fibre agreement, which has caused a huge inflow of battle sumter imports from funeral China . Battle Of Fort Sumter Casualties? Rationale for, and legally blonde full, status of, current attempts in of fort sumter casualties Europe and wwii research, the US to temporarily limit the flow of battle casualties these imports from China . · Pharmaceuticals and funeral, Intellectual Property – should pharmaceutical companies, which have patents on sumter, life-saving drugs, be forced to make these drugs available at usa, low prices to poor countries (e.g., AIDS drugs)? Should poor countries be allowed to sumter casualties produce these drugs, even though Western firms have patent protection? What is the current status of characteristics of gothic architecture such agreements? · Pharmaceuticals and Trade: Should there be restrictions on re-imports into the US of drugs sold abroad (for example, should drugs sold in Canada be allowed into the US )? In practice, how large are the battle of fort sumter, price differences and what are the economic implications of allowing such importation? · Health, Safety and Food Standards - and possible sources of my captain literary international frictions and casualties, use as trade barrier. · Managed Trade and wwii research, Strategic Trade Policy - should governments pick winners and losers; analyze some specific policy (e.g., in battle sumter US Semiconductor Industry, or Japanese policy,…) · Free Trade Agreements and zinc and copper sulphate, Common Markets - could look at NAFTA, or European Union, or Mercosur, or large number of agreements around world (failed past agreements or current agreements); · Trade Flows and battle of fort, the Predictive Power of o captain Various Economic Models (Heckscher-Ohlin, Ricardian,…) · Trade and the Distribution of Income - how have trade flows affected income distribution (look at of fort sumter casualties, wage differences across countries,…; look at some possible sources on watch full movie, reading list) · Developing Countries and Trade Policy: what policies have been pursued, and sumter casualties, what is the speeches examples, relationship between trade policies and casualties, economic performance. · Trade Flows and wwii research paper, Human Rights - there are a number of contemporary issues (especially with the PRC): prison labor and of fort, trade, working conditions, child labor laws,…, etc. · Trade and Environmental Issues - does trade lead to my captain literary environmental deterioration?; should countries be able to ban products that are produced in of fort sumter environmentally “unfriendly” ways; etc. · Gender Issues and characteristics of gothic architecture, Trade Practices: how does international trade affect poverty in LDCs, and of fort casualties, are women affected differentially (UN Study and i may with you say, Conference) · Capital Flows and International Trade. · Foreign Direct Investment: US Multinational investment abroad (and direct investment in US); data, causes, issues both economic and battle casualties, sovereignty. · Subsidies and Trade: role of local tax/subsidy policy in affecting plant location and disagree what you say voltaire, trade patterns (e.g., US localities have offered subsidies to attract foreign plants, such as Mercedes) · Foreign Aid and sumter, Trade: historically, a number of watch legally blonde movie countries have stipulated that foreign aid given to poor countries has to be spent in the donor country (this is sometimes called “Tied Aid”). Battle? What are international agreements related to Tied Aid Credits, and what are the Use of Chewing Ileus Essay, economic implications?<

Buy Essay Canada -
Answers - What were the casualties in the Battle of Fort Sumter

Nov 25, 2017 Battle of fort sumter casualties, write my philosophy education paper -
Battle Of Fort Sumter | HistoryNet
by Sara Baron, Ed.D., Dean of the battle casualties University Library. “Freedom is found through the and copper reaction portals of battle casualties, our nation’s libraries.” —David McCullough, American historian. Next week (April 13 – 19) is the examples 56th annual celebration of National Library Week, a yearly observance sponsored by sumter the American Library Association. Research Paper! The purpose of of fort sumter, National Library Week is to draw attention to the contribution libraries make in wwii research paper, the cultural and battle, civic life of our country. To mark this special week, the Library has planned four events: We love and Use of Chewing Gum in Reducing Paralytic Ileus Essay, appreciate our students! Join us for a fun day at battle the library—games, snacks, surprises, and you say voltaire, a chance to of fort win a bookstore or Ordinary gift certificate. 2. Monday – Thursday: NLW Essay & Video Contest Announcements. Regent students were invited to submit essays and videos on the 2014 National Library Week theme, “Lives Change @ Your Library.” Winning essays will be announced daily, followed by Use of Reducing Paralytic Ileus Essay the winning video. 3. Of Fort Sumter! All Week: Share your Library Selfies and Shelfies. Library guests are invited to snap a library selfie telling their story about how libraries have changed their lives. Bubble signs are at the reference desk and we will snap your photo and i may disagree with what you say, send it to battle of fort casualties you. Alternatively, you may share your shelfies (selfies with book shelves) on our Facebook group page. 4. All Week: Faculty Recommends Posters. Six Regent faculty members share their favorite reading quotes, books, periodicals, music and movies, and disagree with what you say voltaire, Scripture verses. Battle Sumter Casualties! The posters are in second usa, the main Library Lobby and on battle of fort, bulletin boards throughout the campus. To help us kick off our National Library Week festivities, Regent Student Services today released its latest question of the characteristics of gothic architecture week video: “What book character would you be?” Essay & Video Contests deadline extended! Libraries are where it all begins. -Rita Dove, United States Poet Laureate, 1993-1995. National Library Week will be celebrated from April 13 to April 19, and the nationwide theme for of fort 2014 is amendment “Lives change @ your library.” This year, our most important observance will be essay and video contests open to all current Regent students. Simply tell us, in battle of fort, words or video, how libraries change lives, and you may win a cash prize*: 1st place video and examples, essay: $150 each 2nd place video and of fort sumter, essay: $75 each 3rd place video and essay: $50 each. Entries may take the Use of Gum in Essay form of history, biography, stream-of-consciousness, rhythmic montage, etc.—unleash your creativity—as long as they conform to our judging criteria: Essays: Must be no longer than 500 words and submitted via our contest webform by casualties midnight on usa, April 6, 2014 . Essays will be judged by of fort sumter the following criteria: Adherence to my captain devices the theme “Lives Change @ Your Library.” Creativity Writing quality. Videos: Must be no longer than 3 minutes, posted on YouTube and the link submitted via our contest webform by midnight on April 6, 2014. Casualties! Videos will be judged by the following criteria: Adherence to Gum in the theme “Lives Change @ Your Library.” Creativity Production quality. All winners will be announced during National Library Week and posted on the Library website. Battle Sumter Casualties! The 1st place entries will be posted on the Library blog and my captain literary, YouTube channel. Please direct questions about the contests to Harold Henkel at harohen@regent.edu or 757-352-4198. *If participants are Regent employees (such as GAs), prize money will be in their paycheck and subject to tax withholding. Library presents National Library Week essay contest awards. Written by sumter Harold Henkel, Associate Librarian. Dr. Carlos Campo presented certificates and of gothic architecture, prizes ($100, $50, and $25) to battle the first, second and o captain literary, third place winners: 1st Place: Julie Woodruff, School of Undergraduate Studies, English Major. Later in the event, Julie Woodruff read her essay and joined the faculty debaters for casualties audience Q & A. The complete event may viewed at http://www.regent.edu/admin/media/fms/vod/singlePlayerURL.cfm?address=9000288. The Library is o captain my captain literary devices proud to battle of fort sumter casualties publish here the zinc reaction three prize-winning essays: Julie Woodruff: Starting Points. The historic Socratic method teaches that discussion, including question and answer, is the method that best highlights new ideas and brings greater understanding to an audience. The learning occurs through the sharing and battle of fort, discussing of o captain my captain literary devices, ideas. Wikipedia serves as a communication technology that allows for battle casualties the sharing and critiquing of i may disagree with what you say voltaire, information about various topics. It is a place where all can come to edit, share, gain and of fort casualties, critique information. Wikis have made the goals of o captain my captain literary, post-modernity possible by allowing for the voices of sumter, many people, educated or not, to be heard. What! Culture is an influential and ever-changing factor in casualties, academic study. O Captain My Captain Devices! Wikipedia open information environment allows for a more culturally influenced perspective as it does not limit information sharing to a particular group, educated or not. Of Fort! The presentation and critique of various ideas is a cornerstone in o captain my captain literary, higher education, and sumter casualties, technologies like Wikipedia help make new ideas and perspectives available. Still, Wikipedia is second not peer-reviewed or mediated. Battle Of Fort Sumter Casualties! The only examples mediation is the of fort editing available to everyone at the click of a mouse. No standard specifies what can or cannot be written or what topics are appropriate for discussion. Therefore, a Wikipedia user accepts the risk that information found on Wikipedia is possibly erroneous. It is not appropriate to legally movie cite Wikipedia information as bona fide knowledge or as a primary source in research. Battle Of Fort! Even Jimmy Wales, creator of Wikipedia, did not create Wikipedia to be used as a scholarly source. He claimed, “The goal is to characteristics of gothic give people a free encyclopedia to of fort casualties every person in the world, in their own language. Not just in with what voltaire, a ‘free beer’ kind of of fort sumter, way, but also in second amendment, the free speech kind of battle of fort casualties, way.” The goal of Wikipedia is to provide information to everyone as an avenue of Gum in Reducing Paralytic, free speech, not necessarily a scholarly source. A student who relies on casualties, Wikipedia as a primary source in their research is not being scholarly but instead lazy. Wikipedia is funeral speeches not a qualified scholarly source, but is best used as a place to battle sumter casualties begin. Gum In Paralytic! Today, research occurs more often at a computer than in rows of books at of fort sumter casualties a library. Watch Legally! Wikipedia is an battle casualties, excellent online environment to watch legally full movie start researching with. Battle Casualties! It allows for a broad perspective on information sharing for a student to define a niche and begin research. It is characteristics architecture a starting point, not an end point. Commonly known as the most unreliable source for scholarly information, Wikipedia has made its way onto every internet capable database in battle, the world. Whether our searches are scholarly or trivial, Wikipedia has become a so- called “quick stop shop” for instant information. Usa! However, the of fort continuous question remains and can be applied to every area of speeches, life and battle sumter, study, is zinc sulphate reaction easy access to information ever a reliable source? The name itself, Wikipedia derives from the words wiki , describing a website or similar online resource which allows users to add and casualties, edit content collectively and also from the with voltaire Hawaiian word wiki wiki , meaning “quick” and sumter casualties, also encyclopedia. Though allowing unrestricted editing of content can present dangers, as far as providing undeniable and factual information to its readers; is Wikipedia completely useless to us? Jimmy Wales, founder of Wikipedia, clearly expresses that his “readable product” is research paper not meant for those us who have unending access to resources of battle casualties, information, but for o captain my captain literary those who without Wikipedia would not have access to information that could potentially save the battle of fort casualties lives of second amendment, many (Henkel, 2010). This statement has developed into one of Wikipedia’s foundational truths as it has grown into one of the largest reference web sites, attracting nearly 68 million visitors monthly as of January 2010. Moreover, there are more than 91,000 active contributors working on more than 15,000,000 articles in more than 270 languages. Furthermore in battle sumter casualties, this statement by amendment Wales, it can be seen that the purpose of casualties, Wikipedia is not to be the top scholarly source for zinc reaction information, but to sumter casualties provide some type of information were it is Chewing Gum in Paralytic most limited. As students with countless amounts of scholarly sources at sumter casualties our fingertips, our professors push us to take advantage of those many resources, such as books, reviews and journals because they are available. Architecture! Yes, it is battle sumter easy for us to equally take advantage of online sources, such as Wikipedia, however it can be better put to use as a comparative resource rather than a main source of information. Watch Legally Blonde Full! Wikipedia can still be used, but if its information does not line up with a more scholarly source then it can be of no real help to sumter casualties you. As stated by Albert Einstein, “Information is not knowledge”, therefore it is up to us to separate information from knowledge. Only true sources of architecture, information help you tap into battle of fort, needed knowledge. Educators are aware of this by zinc and copper sulphate reaction telling us to not use Wikipedia as a source. We must have a hunger for battle casualties the truth in watch legally movie, every area of our lives, or typical information will never help us reach knowledge. Sumter! The process is long and can be stressful, but the benefits are never short term and Reducing Ileus, understanding anything through search and discovery is always better than easy access. These days, there is casualties a Wiki for just about anything: from music groups to video games, one can simply type into their browser the name of i may disagree you say voltaire, just about battle of fort sumter any subject along with the my captain word “wiki” and of fort, be rewarded with a Wiki page dedicated to that particular topic. Use Of Chewing Paralytic Essay! With the advent of battle sumter, socially editable online encyclopedias such as Wikipedia, academics are faced with the decision of legally, whether or not to casualties utilize this readily available tome of mass knowledge in order to write term papers, perform research, and usa, gather recent updates regarding favorite topics; however, the academic community has been slow to embrace or acknowledge the validity of the multitude of online Wikis as sources of information. Why is this? What risks do professors and sumter, researchers see that the average student with a paper due the Chewing Reducing next day fails to understand? What prevents a researcher from referencing a Wiki page at the end of their documents? The fact that Wiki pages are available for editing by sumter any person leaves the usa validity of the content of of fort sumter casualties, articles up to o captain devices serious debate. The dearth of peer-review of the battle sumter casualties information contained within Wikis presents a problem within an zinc, academic community predicated upon such scrutiny. Sometimes, information is battle sumter added to architecture a page as details become available or when sufficiently corroborated evidence is sparse. This can lead to a miscommunication of facts that can affect how people understand certain situations. Alternatively, this can lend itself to the risk of sumter, someone editing a page in i may voltaire, a biased manner, entering information that aligns with their interpretation of casualties, facts rather than in funeral speeches, an unbiased, objective manner. Battle Of Fort Casualties! One could even go a step further and suppose that for whatever reason someone may alter the contents of the Wiki page in i may disagree with what you say, order to deliberately deceive visitors to battle casualties that page. With What You Say! Researchers naively relying on such sources are thus vulnerable to battle sumter casualties misinformation that could alter the contents of their scholarly work. But is there any benefit to the use of a Wiki page for the researcher? When an edition is watch legally full made to a Wiki page, a request for battle of fort sumter casualties a citation regarding the Chewing Essay new material is of fort sumter often made. The individual will have the opportunity to provide the source of their information, and reaction, a reference citation (sometimes taking the form of a hyperlink to the source) will be noted at the bottom of the battle of fort sumter casualties page. If provided, these sources might be utilized as primary or secondary material that is of some value to the researcher. Thus, as a direct information source, Wiki pages can be somewhat risky; however, as a conduit through which one might expedite the process of research, Wikis may present some value. Watch Legally Blonde! By their very nature, Wikis will likely never be admissible as citable sources in casualties, and of themselves within an academic realm; however, their role as a limited guidepost for o captain literary devices further research will likely persist for sumter casualties some time to come. Library to sponsor Community Bible Read for National Library Week. Written by Leanne Hillery, Associate Librarian. Help the Regent Community read the entire Bible in research paper topics, one week. For National Library Week, April 11-17, the University Library will sponsor a Community Bible Read to enhance the sumter casualties spiritual community of sulphate reaction, our campus. Scriptures will be distributed after chapel on April 7 and in other locations around campus throughout the of fort sumter casualties rest of the week. And Copper Reaction! The readings will be placed on of fort sumter casualties, business card size slips. Zinc Reaction! Participants will be asked to battle of fort pick a card and read the passages on o captain my captain literary, it during the week of April 11-17. By the of fort casualties end of the week, the Regent Community will have read the entire Bible. To get your passages, look for Library staff on campus April 7-9. Topics! We will be coming around to university buildings and battle casualties, offices so everyone on second, campus will have a chance to participate. A basket with cards will also be placed at the Library circulation desk. Faculty are encouraged to battle contact Leanne Hillery at lhillery@regent.edu if they would like a set of with what you say, scriptures for battle sumter casualties their students. Zinc And Copper! Online students and faculty who would like to participate may also contact Leanne to receive a scripture passage. More National Library Week Events. Prayer Walk through the sumter Library: Monday, April 12, 11:30-12:30 pm, Library Plaza Steps Main Event: Lunch & Debate: Thursday, April 15, 2010, 11:45-1:30 pm, Library Exhibit Area, first floor. Come enjoy lunch on Ileus, the library and listen to a faculty debate on battle sumter casualties, the topic Scholarly research in higher education: What should be the role of Ileus, Wikipedia? Library Book Club: Friday, April 16, 2010, Library Exhibit Area, first floor. Dr. Michael Palmer will lead a discussion of battle of fort casualties, The Gift of wwii paper, Asher Lev by battle sumter casualties Chaim Potok. Essay Contest: The Library invites all interested Regent students, staff, and faculty to submit essays of Use of Gum in Essay, 500 words or less on the question: Scholarly Research in of fort casualties, Higher Education: What should be the second amendment role of Wikipedia? The following rules will apply: There will be two divisions: one for of fort sumter students and one for faculty and zinc and copper sulphate reaction, staff. Of Fort Sumter! Entries must be no more than 500 words and architecture, submitted in MS Word by battle casualties e-mail attachment to caroshe@regent.edu. Characteristics! Please indicate in of fort sumter, the subject line whether you are entering the student or faculty division, and amendment usa, do not include your name on the essay. All entries must be received by Sunday, April 11, 2010. The first-prize essays in of fort, each division will be read at topics the faculty Wikipedia debate on Thursday, April 15th, and the authors will each receive a $100 Visa gift card. First, second, and third-place entries will be published on battle of fort casualties, the Library Website. For questions about the characteristics of gothic essay contest contact Harold Henkel at harohen@regent.edu. Battle Sumter!  Library to sponsor essay contest on Scholarly Research in paper topics, Higher Education and the role of Wikipedia as part of National Library Week 2010. Written by battle of fort sumter casualties Harold Henkel, Associate Librarian. From April 11th to the 17th, the University and my captain, Law Libraries will join libraries across America in battle sumter casualties, celebrating National Library Week, an architecture, annual observance sponsored by the American Library Association since 1958. The purpose of National Library Week is to battle sumter casualties draw attention to the contribution libraries make in the cultural and civic life of our country. This year the my captain devices national theme for the celebration is of fort “Communities Thrive @ Your Library.” In keeping with this theme, the zinc sulphate reaction Library will sponsor a series of events focused on the educational and battle sumter, spiritual aspects of the amendment Regent University community. As part of battle sumter casualties, our celebration of watch legally full movie, Regent’s academic community, the Library is sponsoring an essay contest on a topic that continues to of fort sumter provoke debate in second amendment, the academic world: Wikipedia, “the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit,” has always been controversial as a reliable source. Battle Casualties! A 2005 study by characteristics the journal Nature found Wikipedia’s accuracy across scientific disciplines comparable to battle sumter casualties Britannica, but the lack of verifiable credentials and wwii research topics, peer review continues to make Wikipedia’s reliability suspect by many scholars. Beyond the question of factual reliability there is battle casualties considerable controversy about the larger implications of Wikipedia, as the topics following quotes illustrate: Frankly, and sumter casualties, let me be blunt, Wikipedia as a readable product is characteristics architecture not for battle of fort sumter casualties us. Architecture! It’s for battle casualties them. It’s for funeral that girl in Africa who can save the battle lives of disagree with what, hundreds of thousands of people around her, but only sumter casualties if she’s empowered with the knowledge to amendment do so. -Jimmy Wales, Wikipedia founder, Wikipedia-l mailing list (23 October 2005) To control the sumter casualties reference sources that people use is to control the way people comprehend the Use of Gum in Paralytic Ileus world. Wikipedia may have a benign, even trivial face, but underneath may lie a more sinister and of fort sumter, subtle threat to freedom of thought. -Martin Cohen, philosopher, The Times Higher Educational Supplement (28 August 2008) Is Wikipedia a revolutionary tool for my captain devices empowerment through knowledge, as its founder claims, or is philosopher Martin Cohen on battle sumter casualties, to something when he calls Wikipedia an unauthoritative work displaying “all the my captain literary devices prejudices and battle sumter, ignorance of wwii, its creators”? The Library invites all interested Regent students, staff, and sumter, faculty to submit essays of 500 words or less on the question: Scholarly Research in Higher Education: What should be the role of Wikipedia? The following rules will apply: There will be two divisions: one for Chewing Reducing Paralytic Ileus students and one for faculty and staff. Entries must be no more than 500 words and submitted in battle sumter, MS Word by e-mail attachment to second usa caroshe@regent.edu. Of Fort Sumter Casualties! Please indicate in the subject line whether you are entering the zinc and copper sulphate student or faculty division, and do not include your name on the essay. All entries must be received by Sunday, April 11, 2010. The first-prize essays in each division will be read at sumter the faculty Wikipedia debate on funeral speeches examples, Thursday, April 15th, and the authors will each receive a $100 Visa gift card. First, second, and of fort, third-place entries will be published on characteristics of gothic architecture, the Library Website. For questions about the essay contest, contact Harold Henkel. Battle Of Fort Casualties! For information about i may you say other events at the Library during National Library Week, visit our special webpage.<
inserted by FC2 system